Columbia Men’s Redmond Trail Hiking Shoe review and Guide
With fall right around the corner, there is no better time to go hiking. There will be no bugs around to bite you and the breathtaking colors scenery are sure to take your breath away. Knowing which hiking shoes you should pick can play a role in how much enjoyment you are able to get out of a hike. While weather during the fall tends to be a bit unpredictable, you can generally bet that it will rain, at some point during the day.
Trust us, there is nothing worst then setting out on a nice hike and having to deal with wet shoes and feet. Having the proper footwear that is up to any weather challenges is the way to go. This is where the Redmond Trail Columbia hiking shoes comes into play.
How to Choose Men’s Redmond Trail Columbia hiking shoes
Stability and Support
While this shoe is considered to be a multi-sport shoe, it has the feel of a very agile hiking shoe. The outsole is the most durable part of these hiking shoes. It is made out of a super-durable non-marking rubber and is partnered up with Omni-Grip. Omni-Grip was created so that these shoes would be able to adapt to a wide variety of surfaces, making it a great hiking shoe for every type of terrain.
The Columbia hiking shoes Redmond Trail is designed with OutDry technology. OutDry is what the Columbia company calls their waterproofing technology. This will keep your feet nice and dry through any wet weather conditions you could encounter. While many other waterproof shoes tend to be hot and stuffy, this hiking shoe was made with some of the best breathable waterproof fabric. Which means that you no longer have to worry about your feet overheating when you out on that new hiking trail.
This shoe was created to be more than just a hiking shoe, it was designed to be a multi-sport shoe. Which means that it works not only as a hiking shoe but also as a running shoe. The Columbia Redmond Trail shoe works as an amazing lightweight hiking shoe. The traction on these shoes is great, and it is able to withstand mud, snow, rock, and dry terrain. As a running shoe, it is a bit on the heavy side. Some may worry that these heavy shoes could wear your legs out, but they do not.
Design and Fit
While style is not everything, it does not stop these shoes from adding some colour to your hiking gear. These shoes are available in several different colour options, so you are able to pick the ones that best fit your style. The top part of the shoes fit a bit loose but that is most likely to take into account for the thick hiking socks. The looseness can be fixed by simply cinching down the laces a little tighter than normal. This extra rooms will work well for people who have a wider foot.
- Protective toe guards
- Mesh lining repels moisture
- Omni-Grip traction on the outer sole
- Stiff mid-sole gives the shoe the right amount of support for hikes with a 40-pound pack.
- Waterproof, but still breathable
- OutDry technology
- A versatile, multi-sport shoe
- What type of terrain do these shoes work the best in?
- These Columbia Redmond Trail Shoe are able to handle every type of terrain.
- Fits like a running shoe
- Great arch support
- OutDry waterproof technology
- Shoelaces are made out of climbing cord, meaning that they are unlikely to break with normal usage.
- Easy to wash
- Not good for heavy pack loads
- Considered heavy for running shoes
- Not a lot of cushion can be found in these shoes
- Heavy for running shoes
How long will these shoes last?
- The mesh part of the shoe will start to show light scuffing after a few months. But the out-sole will hold up well after 80 miles.
- What is the comfort level of these shoes?
- The level of comfort is good, but it could be better. This is especially true if you decide to do a large amount of running in these shoes.
The best part of the Columbia Peakfest XCSRN Xcel Outdry is that it can be worn for many different types of activities. With the great traction and OutDry technology, these shoes are sure to please every hiker. There is no doubt that these shoes will make the perfect addition to any hiker’s shoe collection.